Being able to share our underwater stories with our land folks is a fun adventure! You have taken some great underwater photos! It is time to take the next step in creating your finished work of art just in time to share them with your friends and family. Discover methods and techniques to perfect your editing, making your images go from "cool" to WOW!
Whether you are new to underwater photography or have been behind the lens for years, one thing rings true...an excellent photograph tells a story and shares an emotion. It also takes an eye for detail and unwavering patience.Photography Editing Workshop
For every outstanding photo, there are more than a dozen that did not make the final cut. There are often hours spent on the computer editing, trying to figure out color correction, gray scales and white balance. During this workshop, Instructor and Professional PPA Photographer, Elizabeth Hoskins
will share tips, tricks and exclusive editing skills that the pros use.
What to Expect
This in-person classroom workshop will focus on editing techniques and different mediums. You will better understand which print medium best suits your photography to make the most of your creative eye. Photographers will also learn about:
Rule Of Thirds: Tell The Story
- Understand cropping and the importance of a proper crop.
- The rule of thirds and how cropping can determine the story shared.
- How to crop within the limits of your image resolution to maintain image quality.
Perfect Your Masterpiece
- How to use editing software to enhance underwater images.
- Understanding color correction, levels, white balance and gray scales.
- Lightroom and Photoshop are recommended.
Share Your Images
- The best medium for your print and overall collection.
- Framed photos, canvas prints, metal prints and more!
- Pros and cons of different mediums.
- Considerations and sizing best suited for your images.
- Preferred printing company for your photographs.
It is important to note that this workshop is designed to help you enhance your editing abilities. Photographers must come prepared with a basic understanding of their preferred editing software and the fundamentals of photography terminology .
- Your favorite editing software. We recommend Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.
- Laptop or tablet with your software.
- 4 -6 of your own photographs to edit.
December 15 - 6:00 pm 9:30 pm
January 16 - 3:00 pm - 6:30pm
February 11 - 11:00am - 2:30pm
Space is limited. Call for pricing and additional details: 317-939-5055
This is not an underwater photography course. If you are wanting to get more comfortable underwater with your buoyancy and camera work, along with learning the fundamentals of photography, give us a call.